Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Developing Skills

For some reason I have been recently contemplating the importance of having one or more skills in life ... "the ability to do something well." This might be called a "talent" if we do it exceptionally well or it comes naturally. This is in contrast to "knowledge" which is the possession of information.

I have found the following skills to be highly useful in my life ...

Typing learned in high school has contributed massively to productivity.
Driving skill has allowed me to survive untold hazardous miles on the freeway.
Computer skills have permitted me to stay near the forefront of technology.
Meditation skill has kept me centered and at peace
Yoga skill has kept me in good health
Imaging skill has permitted me to create and innovate
Listening skills have facilitated communication with others at a deep level

Perhaps it all started with learning to ride a bicycle which has brought me much pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome.

follow me on Twitter